Luis Vila Jr. who was born in Mineola, NY on March 15, 1980;(raised in Hialeah, Florida) and passed away on August 22, 2006 at the age of 26. We will remember him forever. He is now a beautiful angel watching over us.
Please feel free to light a candle for Junior or share any stories for the family. We welcome your thoughts and prayers also so that we will know how many people Junior has touched.
A Man who loses his wife is a widower, A Woman who loses her husband is a widow, There is no name for a mother or a father that loses there child, or for a sister that loses a brother, For there are no words to describe the pain. Junior we love you! This is for you, a dedication of your life and the memories you will leave with us forever.
Junior as we called him was born on March 15, 1980 to his loving parents Roseann and Luis SR (Manny). Junior was such a good baby he only cried when he was hungry or needed a diaper change. When he was a month old he would sleep the whole night , every morning he would wake up the same time 6:00 A.M. he was like an alarm clock. When he was 4 months old he crawled so fast you would have to run to keep up with him. At 7 1/2 months old he was walking holding on to things by the time he was 8 months old he was basically running trying to keep up with his sister.Junior is 20 months younger than me. Junior and I were inseperable since he was born. We hung out together all the time.
At the age of 13 Junior become a big brother when our little sister Tatiana was born to our father Manny and step-mom Teri. At 14 Junior became an uncle to his nephew Justin. Junior loved his family and always tried to spend as much time as possible with them. Junior loved hanging out with his step-brothers (which are like his real blood brothers Mikee and Jose Junior) sons of Jose (Junior's step-father).
At the age of 17 Junior became a big brother again to our brother Tyler son to our father Manny and step-mom Teri.
At 18 Junior became a father to Luis III. Junior was estatic the day he found out he was going to be a father. I remember Junior, Candy and me dancing in the living room because we were so happy. Junior was even more happier when he found out that he was having a boy.
At the age of 21 Junior became a father for the 2nd time to son Anthony. Junior really was hoping to have a girl this time but he had a son. The day Anthony was born he had such a big smile on his face and he was so happy. All he kept saying was that's my boy isn't he beautiful.
Sadly, at age 24 Junior got Menningcoccal Meningitis. After a long battle with Meningitis Junior won he began to get better but only after suffering from multiple amputations to both of his legs, left arm and half of the right hand. Not to mention kidney failure. Junior spent 2 months in the hospital and another month in rehab. Junior's progress amazed everyone even the doctors. They said it would take 3-6 months before Junior could walk but he was walking with-in 3 weeks. Junior was always an inspiration to everyone who said they couldn't do it.
Junior was the type of person that you could not stay mad at. He would upset you and then do something funny to change how mad you were at him. He loved his family more than anything in the world. He would give anything to make his family happy. He loved his son's dearly. Junior was a comedian and such a great person. I have seen him on numerous occasions take the last dollar out of his pocket and give it to a homeless person just to help them out. There will never be another Junior. He lives on in his son's smiles and walks. His soul lives on in each of us.
Junior was learning to live with his disablilty but on August 22, 2006 God decided it was time for him to come home. Junior passed away in his sleep due to organ failure.
He left us all with great sadness but I know he is still looking down on us. I think to myself everyday how much I miss my brother and want him here with me. I try to console myself with the fact that he is no longer suffering and is finally whole again and at peace but I miss him so. He taught me alot of things and the most important is to make sure you tell the people you love that you love them because you never know when will be there last day with you. The last words I said to my brother was I love you talk to you tomorrow, but there will be no tomorrow. I will forever remember him telling me Anna I love you too.My brother's legacy will live on because of the people he has touched in so many different ways. He will live on in my heart till the day we meet again in Heaven. Whomever got the chance to meet Junior should know the impact that he made in thier life and those who didn't he was a soldier and my Hero. If you take away one thing from his story remember family is the most important thing. They will be there to the end and beyond
Brother and Sister 4-Ever
You will always be in my heart
We Love you
Pimping our Junior Shirts
Life has not ended for
Junior, it has only just
begun, he is now
living eternal life.
Until we meet again.
On the day you were taken I thought that I would die I wondered where the time went? I asked alot of whys?? With people all around me I felt alone inside From all their words of comfort, I couldn't seem to hide, I thought I might be dreaming That I'd wake and find you here, I thought "This can't be happening." As I wiped another tear. On the day that you were laid to rest My heart broke yet again, I wondered if the pain would end, But mostly, I wondered when?? It's hard to be without you, At times the days seem long, Sometimes I just sit crying, When there's really nothing wrong. I wish we'd had more time, Before your life was done. I hope your resting peacefully, My precious son. With all my LOVE , Mom
Someone Is Missing
Let this be a loving reminder That someone is missing today. Someone our hearts still hold on to, As we travel along life's way. Someone who made life so special, for all those who gather here. Someone who won't be forgotten, But cherished from year to year. And now as we pause to remember, Let us all fondly recall, How dearly each of us loved him, And oh... how he loved us all.
Go rest now precious one, Your life in eternity has just begun. Now you can walk, your legs are brand new. All of heaven is now in your view.
Look all around, it's all in your sight, There will never be another dark night. Flowers and jewels, the street of pure gold, and all of the things that have been told.
I can just imagine the smile on your face as you walk all around in that beautiful place. Greeting our loved ones as you walk along, while singing heaven's most beautiful song.
This is so very hard, but it will all be okay, it isn't goodbye, we'll see you one day. We love you and we'll miss you and at times it will be tough, but as with everything, God's grace will be enough.
The fast facts about meningococcal disease and meningitis In order to fight meningitis, you need to understand it. Here are the most important things to know:
• What is meningitis? Meningitis is a common name for infections that take place in the membranes (called meninges)surrounding the brain and spinal cord. Meningitis can be caused by viruses and by bacteria. One of the most serious forms of meningitis is caused by bacteria known as meningococci.
• Meningococcal disease and meningitis An infection with meningococcal bacteria causes a serious, potentially fatal infection called meningococcal disease.You may have heard it referred to as bacterial meningitis. Meningicoccal disease can affect the meninges, causing meningitis. It can also cause a very serious condition called sepsis (also known as blood poisoning). Each year, about 3000 people in the United States become infected with the bacteria, and as many as 1 in 10 of those people die. As deadly as meningococcal disease can be, most cases in the United States (up to 83 percent of cases in adolescents and young adults) could potentially be prevented by a single vaccination.
• Viral meningitis Another form of meningitis is caused by a virus. Viral meningitis is serious, but usually not life-threatening. Most patients with viral meningitis get better on their own in 7 to 10 days.
• Who gets meningitis? Even people who are usually healthy can get meningitis. However, data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have shown that the risk of getting meningitis increases in teens and young adults.
• How does a person catch meningitis? Although meningitis is uncommon, a person can catch it by having close personal contact with a person who is sick with the disease. There are also people who can carry the bacteria in their nose and throat but never become sick. Contact with these carriers can also cause someone to become infected with meningitis. Experts believe that some behaviors can put people at greater risk for getting meningitis.
• Living in close quarters, such as college dormitories • Being in crowded situations for prolonged periods of time • Sharing drinking glasses, water bottles, or eating utensils • Kissing • Smoking or being exposed to smoke • Activities that make people run-down and may weaken the immune system, such as staying out late and having irregular sleeping patterns
• How can a person prevent meningitis? While there isn’t a way to be 100 percent protected, you can help reduce the risk of getting meningitis by avoiding the behaviors that spread it. There is also a vaccination that can help prevent it. Ask your child’s health-care provider about how to protect your child.
• How is meningitis treated? A person with meningitis needs to be seen by a health-care provider immediately. If you think that someone you know has meningitis, get that person in for emergency care right away. If doctors suspect a patient has meningitis, they will give that person strong antibiotic medicine through an intravenous (IV) tube straight into their bloodstream.
• How can meningococcal disease affect a person? Even with treatment, meningococcal disease can kill an otherwise healthy young person in 48 hours or less.The severe swelling in the brain and spinal cord, and sepsis (also known as blood poisoning) can lead to: • Amputation of limbs, fingers, or toes • Severe scarring • Brain damage • Hearing loss • Kidney damage • Emotional and psychological problems including anxiety, depression, difficulty working, and more
The lasting effects of meningococcal disease can change a person’s life forever. That’s why it’s so important to protect people from this illness.
We thought of you with love today. But that is nothing new. We thought about you yesterday. And days before that too. We think of you in silence. We often speak your name. Now all we have is memories. And your picture in a frame. Your memory is our keepsake. With which we'll never part. God has you in his keeping. We have you in our hearts.
FIRST BORN SON
I remember when Junior was born. Roseann was in New York getting ready to give birth since I was leaving Fort Devens MA to go to Germany. I received a call saying she was on her way to the hospital. I had my friend Dennis take me to the airport and I took the plane out to New York. I called before I left the doctor said it would take awhile. Junior was born while I was on Route 2 in MA on the way to the airport. No cell phones no beepers etc... I arrived at the hosipital and was told Roseann had a boy. I was so proud that now I had the son I always wanted. I was proud that now Anna had a baby brother. I was proud to be a dad. The greatest joy was being a father to both a daughter and a son.
Some of you know me as the one who has the answers to all. That is because I have learned from experience. Being in the Army has taught me much more than I could ever accomplish. I have never been weak nor have I ever been helpless. When Junior was striken with the disease, I was so weak and helpless I did not know what to do with myself. I became a person which only had one focus in life and that was to save my son. This is the worse thing anyone can go through that has never been helpless.
I know my son is resting now in a beter place has his legs and arms back, but I am not the HERO AND WARRIOR HE IS. I have never had a feeling than what I have now and really miss him asking to borrow those $20 or for a pack of Newport. I will miss him in soul but his spirit will live on forever as long as I am around.
I ask that each parent who reads this, to hug your child it may be the last time. Tell them you love them. I know I did that with Junior.
I will alway love you and you will always have a piece of my heart.
May god bless each of you.
Your loving father
He Only Took My Hand / Mom
Last night while I was sleeping, my son's voice I did hear
I opened my eyes and looked around the room But Junior didn't appear
he said: "Mom you've got to listen, you've got to understand God didn't take me from you, he only took my hand
When I called out in pain that night, he instantly reached down, took my hand and pulled me gently to his side, lifted me up and saved me from all the misery and pain inside. My body hurt so badly, I could never be the same
My search is really over now I've found happiness within, all the answers to my empty dreams and all that might have been
I love and miss you soooo very much, I'll always be near by My body's gone forever But my spirit will never die
So you must go on now and live one day at a time Until we meet again
God didn't take me from you, he only took my hand!!!!
My brother has always been my first baby. I would talk to him give him advice on what to do and most of the time he would listen. Throughout his life he has taught me alot of things unintentionally. He always knew that I loved him. He would tell me Anna you know you are the best sister in the world and I would would ask him what do you want. He always made me laugh even after he would make me mad. I will miss that the most about him but he will live on in my heart and there is where I will lock away the memories. Junior even though I did not tell you, you are my hero the struggles you faced only a true soldier could face them. I love you and miss you dearly.